Deep Ocean Applications
San Diego, California
SubAqua Imaging Systems INC (SAIS) core focus and special expertise is in the design of deep ocean imaging components such as:
- Underwater lighting systems
- Remotely operated camera systems and housings
- Plastic, metal and glass submersible housings for other instrumentation
There are many times when a custom housing is needed for a particular application in science or industry. Often times only a single item and a spare are needed.
The advantage of our small size is that we are able to take on projects that larger firms would find economically undesirable.
We have substantial experience with the materials, technologies and techniques that are key to generating successful solutions to the unique problems encountered in this highly specialized field.
Current and past design work has involved hands-on experience with a variety of materials for pressure housings and viewports including:
- Acrylic (aka Plexiglas or Lucite), Trogamide and other transparent plastics
- Synthetic sapphire
- Aluminum alloys
- Titanium alloys
- Copper alloys (Bronzes, Brasses)
- Stainless Steels
- Injection molded plastic and plastic blends
Our design capabilities and specialized techniques include:
- Designing long-distance communication and power delivery circuitry
- Designing high pressure glass to metal and plastic to metal interfaces
- Optical design of reflectors for lighting applications
- Pressure resistant, watertight housing design
- Designing and creating seals around complicated geometry
- Designing die cast and sand cast metal parts
- Designing injection molded parts
- Designing rotational molded parts
- Technical knowledge and experience with fine finishing of metal and glass
- Quality Control and Inspection techniques for parts to be used underwater
- Corrosion prevention
- 2D and 3D-CAD
- Finite Element Analysis
- Customized Pressure housing analysis
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and pressure housing analysis software are employed throughout the design process to ensure the success of the final design. Services include devising the best strategy for pressure testing first articles for “proof of concept�? and outlining an appropriate strategy for ongoing pressure testing of production items for the purpose of quality control.
If you are having trouble with an existing design, SAIS offers consultation, troubleshooting and design review services.
We also have experience and can offer consultation with the process of receiving certification and approval of marine-related consumer lighting products from regulatory agencies:
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
ROV Available for Work in San Diego Area
Contact Ronan Gray at:
+858 4140383 - San Diego, USA
SubAqua Imaging Systems is pleased to announce the addition of a new service, available immediately. A Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) is now available for for underwater inspection services and other work in San Diego, Southern California and surrounding areas . The ROV is lightweight and can be deployed from a small boat without the need for a winch or davit. It is equipped with two cameras and a sonar system and has room for small, additional instrumentation. Depth capability is up to 400 feet (122m). With advance notice, we can also perform deeper work or long line, internal pipe inspection using other more advanced vehicles. Please contact Ronan Gray at 858 414 0383 for more details.
SeaView Systems Inc, Marine ROV operations
SeaVision Marine LLC, Bathymetric survey and data analysis